When creating an email message, you'll use the text editor to create the body of your message. You will be able to type or paste a message into the text editor.
This content box houses features very similar to an email client so you can compose the message directly within the Church360° software.
These features are denoted by buttons found at the top of the text editor.
The first group of buttons has actions you can use for specific text in your message.
- Text buttons - The first three buttons (Bold, Italic, Strikethrough) pertain to the formatting of your text. Simply select your text and click the button for your chosen task to apply the action.
- Link - When clicking the chain-link button, enter the URL for the link you desire into the pop-up that appears and click "Link" to add it. Your link will show as orange in your message. To remove the link, highlight the linked text, click the chain-link button, and click "Unlink".
The second grouping of buttons affects entire text lines.
- Heading - Click this toggle button to change the entire text line into a heading format.
- Quote - This button will indent a text line with a bar denoting a quote. This can be helpful for scripture readings or direct quotations from the church pastor or president.
- Bullets - This action applies bullets starting with the current text line. Bullet points are best for listing things that have no set order
- Numbers - This action applies number bullets starting with the current text line. Numbering bullets are best for listing things with a set, or preferred, order.
- Indenting buttons - The next two buttons (Decrease Level, Increase Level) are greyed out and are only available when currently on a line with either the Bullets or Numbers action being applied.
The final grouping of buttons is located on the far right of the text editor.
- Undo - This will remove the last action or revision to your message.
- Redo - This will reapply an action that had been undone.