Once you've set up your Texting in Church360 Members, and matched up any people in your congregation whose phone number didn't match with what you already had in Church360 Members, you're ready to send out a text message. To send text messages, follow the steps below:
- Open the Person View
- Check the box next to each person you'd like to send a text message to. You can select everyone in a group by clicking the check box in the column header row at the top of the person records.
- Click "Send Text" in the gray bar at the bottom of the screen
- This will bring up the texting window. In the bar on the left, you'll see each person you selected, and each of their phone numbers. You will only be able to check the box next to each phone number they opted in under.
- Choose your message type. These are descriptions of what the texts may be for, and will provide you with a sample text you could use.
- In the Enter Text Message field, type in the message you want to send. There is a 160 Character limit on text messages
- Click Send. This will send your text message to each person you checked off in the texting window.