If you are looking to print one mailing label per household, it's recommended to generate by household, instead of for individuals. These labels will use the Addressee field of the household record for labels.
To generate mailing labels for households,
- Go to the People view in the Households mode.
- Choose the households you are looking to include, either by checking boxes next to each name or filtering using Smart Groups, traits, or tags. Households will be included if at least one member fulfills your set criteria.
- Click the "Download" button at the top right of the screen and select "Mailing Labels".
- A pop-up window will appear with the rest of the screen greyed out behind it. Select the template that best matches your label sheet using the drop-down menu.
- Use the checkboxes to choose whether you'd like to include addresses or barcodes. For more information on barcodes, please visit our article on the topic.
- Once all of your settings are set, you can click "Generate" and choose whether you'd like to download your labels in PDF or Word format. This process may take a few minutes, depending on the number of households selected.
- Once the button changes to "Download", you can click on it to download the file. Click on the file in your Downloads folder to open it up for editing or printing.