The Calendars feature categorizes different types of events that occur in your church. Events are assigned to different calendars to help simplify your Events page and organize your events.
There are currently two types of calendars in Church360° Members: custom and anniversary calendars.
- A Custom Calendar will be added to events manually. An example for a custom calendar could be for "Concerts" or "Summits".
- An Anniversary Calendar uses date fields within a person's record to show as events, like "First Communion" or "Dedication". For this type to be used, a date-based custom field would need to be created For steps on how to set up custom fields, click here.
- Click on the gear icon and select “Calendars.”
- Click the plus sign to the right of “Add New Calendar” to create a new calendar. The calendar will appear last in your list.
- Enter the name of the new calendar in the text box.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the type of calendar you want to create. If you choose to create an anniversary calendar, choose the date-based custom field to base the calendar on.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the group of people to filter whose anniversaries to show, like "Members" or "Living People".
- Choose a color for the event. This is the color that will categorize the event on the Events page.
- Choose who you want to be able to see this calendar. The default visibility is "Everyone".
- Click the "Save" button to save your changes.
- To move the calendar order, click the icon to the left of the name and drag the calendar to its position. Release the mouse to lock in its position. Your changes will be automatically saved.