Your church directory is a helpful resource for your staff and congregation to have for contact lists and membership status.
To generate a directory,
- Go to the People view in your preferred mode. Directories are available for both the Individual and Household modes.
- Choose who you are looking to include in the directory, either by checking boxes next to each name or filtering using Smart Groups, traits, or tags.
- Click the "Download" button at the top right of the screen and select "Directory".
- A pop-up window will appear with the rest of the screen greyed out behind it. There will be two tabs for this window. On the Entry Styles tab, scroll through the examples and choose how you'd like a directory entry to look.
- If this is the first time generating a directory, it's recommended that you take a look at the Advanced tab before clicking the "Generate" button. Under the Advanced tab, your choices will vary depending on which mode you are generating from.
- If you are using the Individuals view, check if you want to include unlisted contact information. You can also choose to group your people according to a custom Person field, if available.
- If you are using the Households view, check if you want to include unlisted contact information, cross-references for those with surnames differing from their household name, or if you'd like non-members to be shown with an asterisk. You can also choose to group your people according to a custom Household field, if available.
- If all of your settings are the way you prefer, you can add a title and click "Generate". This will prepare a Word document of your directory. This process may take a few minutes, depending on the number of people selected.
- Once the button changes to "Download", you can click on it to download the Docx file. Click on the file in your Downloads folder to open it up for editing or printing.