The anniversaries that show on the Events calendar are determined by a Smart Group that is chosen for each calendar.
To get to the calendar settings,
- Go to the gear icon near the top right of the screen and select "Calendars".
- Find the calendar you are looking for and click the Pencil icon to edit it. You should find an Anniversary drop-down menu; this is the setting that tells the Event calendar who to show.
- Use the drop-down menu to choose who to show for anniversaries and click "Save".
An example for determining a smart group would be for some churches who want to only show members while others might want to show all living people regardless of membership status. For the latter, one will need to create a Smart Group for those people.
To create a Smart Group for all (living) people,
- Go to the People: Individuals view
- On the right side of the site, click the three lines next to the filter drop-down menu. This should bring down a dark box asking for traits to be added.
- Add a trait to show people who are living.
- Click Save Group
- Name the new Smart Group and click Save.