When creating Logins, you'll need to select a Role that will determine what that user can see and edit on your Members' site. Role permissions will be attributed to all logins with their assigned Role.
There are seven categories that group permissions for each particular aspect of the software.
This section determines what information a person can see about your congregation.
- Can see people's information - Users can see others' names, relationships, tags, timelines, and dates related to membership events, birthday month and day, sex, ethnic group, death date, and grade. Will also be able to see any mailing, phone, or email information not marked as unlisted.
- Can edit people's information - If this permission is selected, all other permissions in this section will automatically be granted. Users will be able to see and edit a person's name, mailing and contact information (listed and unlisted), relationships, tags, sex, ethnic group, birthdate and age, timelines and dates related to membership events, death date, and grade. Can also add notes to a person's timeline.
- Can edit own profile and household - If the user does not have the previous permission, they will be able to edit their own person and household information. They will not be able to edit any personal details of any of their household or family members.
- Can see people's unlisted information - In addition to being able to see everything that the first permission in this section gives, they will also be able to see mailing, phone, and email information marked as unlisted.
- Can see people's age - In addition to being able to see everything that the first permission in this section gives, they will also be able to see a person's full birthdate and age.
These permissions give administrative control to the overall settings of the site itself.
- Can modify account settings - This will allow users to access and edit account settings along with any other settings found in the Admin section of the menu found when you click the gear icon. This includes Account Settings, Logins, Roles, Vanco Integration, and Event log.
- Can delete records - At this time, the ability to delete records applies to all records, including but not limited to person records and data, events, attendance records, offering records, and reports. Without this permission, users will not be able to delete any records on the Church360° Members site.
Note: The best practice is to not delete person records. Deleting a person also deletes any offerings and attendance data tied to that individual. We advise, storing the person in the archive so that historical data is intact for reporting purposes. Those people will not appear in any reports yet the offerings and attendance data will be available for reports.
These permissions allow users to take advantage of Church360°'s email relay and texting features.
These permissions will need to allow users to see other people's information in order to send out emails or texts.
- Can send emails - Users will be able to select person records to send relay messages to through their chosen email client. If a user is not granted the ability to see unlisted information, they will not be able to send emails to any email addresses marked as unlisted.
- Can send texts - Users will be able to select person records to send text messages to any phone numbers opted-in for texting. Users will only be able to see phone numbers if they are not marked as being unlisted.
With these permissions, users will have an Events link available in their upper toolbar.
- Can see all events - If a person can see all events, they can access the Event Calendar to see upcoming events (you can add additional permissions to each calendar on the Calendar view to limit visibility).
- Can manage events - The ability to manage events gives users the ability to add, edit, and delete events from the Events calendar.
With these permissions, users will have an Attendance link visible in their upper toolbar.
- Can review attendance - Those who can review attendance will see attendance totals and run attendance reports, but not enter any actual data.
- Can enter attendance - Users can enter attendance and communion to events that have occurred.
With these permissions, users should see an Offerings link in their upper toolbar.
- Can enter offerings - If one can only enter offerings, they will see all current envelope numbers followed by the giver's names, though the link between the two is hidden. This will allow donors to give anonymously through only their envelope numbers. In the event, donors give a check, the user will enter it in under their name.
- Can review offerings - Those who can review offerings will see offering and fund totals and run basic reports, but not enter any actual data. They will not be able to run contribution statements for anyone but themselves.
- Can see individual's contribution details - When coupled with the ability to see people's information, users will be able to download, print, and (if the email permission is enabled) email contribution statements. Here, users will also know people's envelope numbers.
This will allow users to add, edit, and delete entries along with other settings found within each option in the Collections section found when you click the gear icon.
- Can manage calendars - Users can add, edit, deactivate, and delete calendars. It's important to note that deleting a calendar will delete any events and attendance records related to it. Some calendars are defaults and cannot be deleted or deactivated. Users can also print or export the calendar list.
- Can manage church register - Users can add, edit, and delete entries in the church register. Users must have the ability to edit people's information before this permission is available.
- Can manage envelopes - Users can add, edit, remove, and renumber envelope numbers. In order to fully manage envelopes, they will be able to see which giver or givers have each envelope.
- Can manage funds - Users can add, edit, merge, archive, and delete funds and fund categories. A fund with any offering records can only be archived. Users will be able to print or export the fund list and see each fund's year-to-date total.
- Can manage pastoral visits - Users can add, edit, export, and print their lists of pastoral visits.
- Can manage pledges - Users can add, edit, delete, export, and print active or all pledges. They will be able to see the pledger's given-to-date amounts.
- Can manage smart groups - Users can add, edit, deactivate, delete, export, and print the list of your church's smart groups. They can see how many people are in each smart group as well.
- Can manage grades - Users can add, edit, rearrange, delete, export, and print their grade list as well as how many students are in each grade. It's important to note that the organization of the grades on the Grades view will be what the student promotion utility uses.
- Can manage tags - Users can add, edit, delete, export, and print their lists of tags as well as how many people have each tag.
- Can manage texting - Users will be able to enable or disable the texting opt-in page for their site, to create and send out a personalized email to encourage people to sign up, and match phone number submissions to their respective person record. Users will only be able to see phone numbers if they are not marked as being unlisted.
- Can manage custom fields - Users can add, edit, deactivate, delete, export, and print your site's custom fields. They will also see how many people are currently using each field.