If your church previously used Shepherd’s Staff®, you can use a feature in Church360°® Members to import your Shepherd’s Staff database. This import process can take up to two hours to complete if another user is using the importer.
Depending on the version of your Shepherd's Staff, you may need to prepare the database before starting the import process.
This importer converts almost all data in the Shepherd’s Staff database and enters it in your Church360° Members account. The list of everything that can and cannot be imported can be found here. The list includes person and household information, offerings, events, and attendance.
Before you import the Shepherd's Staff database, you will need to know where the database is located on your computer. In most cases, the database will be found at C:\ShepherdsStaff and the database is usually named Staff8.mdb or a similar variation.
If you are unsure of your database name or location, you should be able to find it easily if Shepherd's Staff is still installed on your computer.
To find your database name and location,
For 8.8 and newer,
- Click on the name of your church at the lower-left corner of your login screen to see where your current database is located.
For 8.7 or older,
- Log into Shepherd's Staff and go to Utilities.
- Under Utilities, go to Settings.
- In the pop-up window, choose the Locations tab, which will show you where the database is located.
To import a Shepherd’s Staff database into Church360º Members:
- From the People view, click the ”Upload” button in the upper right corner, and select “Shepherd’s Staff database”.
- Click “Upload”.
- Navigate to the location of the database, select the database file, and click “Open”. The database will then be uploaded and imported.