Church360° Members offers a utility to import your Shepherd's Staff database to your site.
Whether or not you need to run this utility before uploading depends largely on the version of the Shepherd's Staff database in question.
If you do not know your Shepherd's Staff database version, you can find this information on the Main Menu or login screen of your Shepherd's Staff program.
With versions with the stained glass window as the Main screen, the year, version, and release should be located at the very bottom of the screen. The version will be in parenthesis.
With versions with the new purple login screen, you can see the version and release at the bottom right of the window.
Versions 8.1 or older
Customers with older software can call CTS support to update their database for your site. The technician will then log into your computer, take a copy of your database, and update the database for you. They will then send you an import summary after the upload completes.
Version 8.2 to 8.7
These databases are most compatible with the current importer and do not need to be prepared. Please proceed to import your data to your site.
Version 8.8 or newer
Due to differences in infrastructure between the two software, a small utility must be run to allow data to be converted to your Church360° site.
To prepare your data,
- Download the Church360ImportUtility zip file at the bottom of this article.
- Right-click the folder and Extract all.
- Double click the application to run.
- Log in using your SYSADMIN credentials. If you do not know these credentials, please call CTS support to log in and run this utility for you.
- Click Prepare Database for Church360.
- After the utility is run, it will tell you the location of the database that was converted.
After the utility has been run, continue to the Upload button on your site to finish the import process.