In the Communications module of Church360° Members, you can create and format your message and audience all in one screen.
This is in contrast to emailing via a client, where your chosen emails are grouped into a recipient line within your default email client (where you would then create your message).
To send an email blast,
- Go to the Communications view. If Communications is not shown in the menu bar your login may not have permission to access this area.
- In Communications, click the link to "Add New Message".
- In the prompt that appears, choose "Email" as your channel.
- For your new message, choose a message type that best describes the purpose of your message. Message types can be created under Communication Settings.
- Type in your message title. This will be used on the main Communications view to show statistics for your message.
- Using the drop-down menu, choose who you'd like this email to be addressed from. If it is from the church, the email will be sent from firstname.lastname@example.org and have your church name as it appears in Account Settings. If it is from you, it will be from the email used to log into your account (followed by @email.church360.org) and have your name as it appears in User Settings.
- Using the drop-down menus under the Include heading, choose any Smart Groups or tags (using the first field) or individuals (using the second field) you want to receive this message. The statistics below the menus will automatically update to show how many people are selected in total as well as the number of selected records that have emails on their record and those that do not.
- Using the drop-down menus under the Exclude heading, choose any Smart Groups and tags (using the first field) or individuals (using the second field) you want to subtract from those initially chosen using the Include fields. The statistics below the menus will automatically update to show how many people are selected in total as well as the number of selected records that have emails on their record and those that do not.
- In the lower section of the screen, type or paste your message into the text editor. For more information on composing your message, please visit our article going into more detail here.
- Once finished with the text of the message, click to "Choose Files" under Attach files to add an attachment to the message if desired.
- After composing your message, choose your desired action from the buttons at the bottom of the page.
- Cancel - This will cancel your message permanently and return you to the main Communications screen.
- Save Draft - This will save the message to the Communications view without sending it. You will be able to edit this message before scheduling and sending it at a later time.
- Schedule - This will allow you to set a date and time for your message to be sent to all chosen recipients.
- Send - This will send your message out immediately to all chosen recipients.