One of the main features of the Communications view is the ability to record a voice message and send it out to a list of chosen phone numbers.
To send a voice message in the Communications add-on,
- Go to the Communications View. If Communications is not shown on the upper toolbar, your login may not have permission to access this area.
- In Communications, click the link to "Add New Message".
- In the prompt that appears, choose "Voice" as your channel. If you currently have the free version of Church360° Members with Communications, this will be your only option.
- For your new message, choose a message type that best describes the purpose of your message. Message types can be created under Communication Settings.
- Type in your message title. This will be used on the main Communications view to show statistics for your message.
- Using the drop-down menus under the Include heading, choose any Smart Groups or Tags (using the first field) or individuals (using the second field) you want to receive this message. The statistics below the menus will automatically update to show how many people are selected in total as well as the number of selected records that have emails on their record and those that do not.
- Using the drop-down menus under the Exclude heading, choose any Smart Groups or Tags (using the first field) or individuals (using the second field) you want to subtract from those initially chosen using the Include fields. The statistics below the menus will automatically update to show how many people are selected in total as well as the number of selected records that have emails on their record and those that do not.
- To the right, click the orange button to start recording your message using a microphone or headset attached to your computer. You'll want to keep your message concise with minimal pauses to ensure your listeners will not hang up before they receive your full message. The maximum recording time is three minutes.
- Click the orange button to stop recording.
- Click the orange button to listen to your message.
- If you want to redo your message, click "Delete" and rerecord your message.
- If you are satisfied with your message, click "Save"
- After finishing your message, choose your desired action from the buttons at the bottom of the page.
- Cancel - This will cancel your message permanently and return you to the Communications view.
- Save Draft / Update Draft - This will save the message to the Communications view without sending it. You will be able to edit this message before scheduling and sending it at a later time.
- Schedule - This will allow you to set a date and time for your message to be sent to all chosen recipients.
- Send - This will send your message out immediately to all chosen recipients.
Once the voice blast has been sent, you will be able to review the statistics from the Communications view.