Church360 Members allows for users to send text messages directly from Church360 Members to the people in your congregation. To set up text messaging in Church360 Members, you'll need to follow a few steps:
- Log in as a user with administrative privileges as part of their assigned role
- Click on the settings gear in the top right corner of the page and select "Texting" under the Admin section
- Check the box next to the "Opt-in page" section where it asks if you want to "Enable the text messaging opt-in feature?"
- Where it shows a box for "Personalize Opt-In Email", you can set up an additional message to include along with the standard opt-in email that your congregation will receive
(Note: there is a 200 character limit to this field)
- At the "Send Opt-In Email" section, select the Smart Group or Tag you'd like to send the opt-in email to, and click "Send Invite"
- A window will appear which will show each person in the selected smart group or tag. Next to each person, you'll see each of their email addresses. Make sure that you have the email address checked for each person that you want to send an invite to, then, click "Send"
At this point, the members of your congregation will receive an email, asking if they want to opt-in to texting for your church. If they accept, they'll be taken to a webpage where it will ask them to type in their phone number. After they type in their phone number, they'll get a confirmation text message, where if they reply YES, they will be opted in to text messaging with your church.