If you are looking to print a statement of offerings for any period of time in bulk, you can select the person records you want from the People view and export that information into a PDF that you can then print.
This hard copy can then be given to your congregants as a record of their charitable giving for tax deductions.
To generate a PDF statement,
- Go to the People view in your preferred mode.
- Choose who you are looking to print statements for, either by checking boxes next to each name or filtering using Smart Groups, traits, or tags.
- Click the "Download" button at the top right of the screen and select "Contribution Statements".
- A pop-up window will appear with the rest of the screen greyed out behind it. There will be two tabs for this window. On the General tab, select the date range for your statements. Two shortcut links below the fields allow you to select the entirety of the previous year or the current range for this year (from January 1st to today's date).
- Check the box if you want to generate statements for those in our selection that did not give during the date range.
- If this is the first time generating your statements, it's recommended that you take a look at the Customize tab before clicking the "Generate PDF" button. Under the Customize tab, check whether you want to include a summary of the giver's pledges and/or an itemized list for each offering. Here, you can also add a Federal ID and an IRS message to add to each statement.
- If all of your settings are the way you prefer, click "Generate PDF". This will prepare a PDF of all selected givers and their contribution statements. This process may take a few minutes, depending on the number of people selected.
- Once the button changes to "Download", you can click on it to open the PDF. In the top right corner of the PDF viewer, you can click the down arrow icon to download the PDF to your computer or the printer icon to print directly from your browser.