If you are sending a bulk mailing, you may wish to add a barcode on each of your labels.
To utilize this feature, you'll first need to contact your local post office for a Mailer ID, Serial Number, and Service type for USPS Intelligent Mail barcodes. For more information on IMb, please visit the Postal Pro website here.
To generate mailing labels with barcodes,
- Once you've filtered or selected people to generate labels for, click the "Download" button and select the "Mailing Labels" option.
- A pop-up window will appear with the rest of the screen greyed out behind it. Select the template that best matches your label sheet using the drop-down menu. It's important to note that some label templates do not support IMb.
- Use the checkboxes to choose to include barcodes.
- In the fields that appear, enter the Mailer ID and Serial Number provided to you by your post office. Use the drop-down menu to choose the Service Type for your barcodes.
- Next to the “Generate” button, you may see a message prompting you to install the USPS Intelligent Mail barcode font. Click on the hyperlink and the file will automatically begin downloading in your browser.
- In your Downloads folder, click the file to open it and begin installing fonts.
- Within the file, click on the “Install” button and follow the instructions as prompted. You will only need to install the font on your computer one time and it will apply to any subsequent mailing label exports. If you are not a system administrator, you may need special permission to download and run this font.
- Once your settings are set and fonts installed, you can now click "Generate" and choose whether you'd like to download your labels in PDF or Word format. This process may take a few minutes, depending on the number of people selected.
- Once the button changes to "Download", you can click on it to download the file. Click on the file in your Downloads folder to open it up for editing or printing.