When creating Logins, you'll need to select roles that will determine what that user can see and edit on your Church360° site. Role permissions will be attributed to all logins with their assigned Role.
There are four categories that group permissions for each particular aspect of the software.
This section determines what information a person can see about your congregation.
- Can Delete People - This permission, if enabled, will make it so a user assigned this role can archive and delete person records
Note: The best practice is to not delete person records. Deleting a person also deletes any offerings and attendance data tied to that individual. We advise storing the person in the archive so that historical data is intact for reporting purposes. Those people will not appear in any reports yet the offerings and attendance data will be available for reports.
- Can Manage Custom Fields - Users can add, edit, deactivate, delete, export, and print your site's custom fields. They will also see how many people are currently using each field.
- Can Manage Grades - Users can add, edit, rearrange, delete, export, and print their grade list as well as how many students are in each grade. It's important to note that the organization of the grades on the Grades view will be what the student promotion utility uses.
- Can Manage Smart Groups - Users can add, edit, deactivate, delete, export, and print the list of your church's smart groups. They can see how many people are in each smart group as well.
- Can Manage Register - Users can add, edit, and delete entries in the church register. Users must have the ability to edit people's information before this permission is available.
- Can Manage Tags - Users can add, edit, delete, export, and print their lists of tags as well as how many people have each tag.
- Can Manage Visits - Users can add, edit, export, and print their lists of pastoral visits.
- Can See People's Age - In addition to being able to see everything that the first permission in this section gives, they will also be able to see a person's full birthdate and age.
- Can See People - Users can see others' names, relationships, tags, timelines, and dates related to membership events, birthday month and day, sex, ethnic group, death date, and grade. Will also be able to see any mailing, phone, or email information not marked as unlisted.
- Can See People's Unlisted Information - In addition to being able to see everything that the first permission in this section gives, they will also be able to see mailing, phone, and email information marked as unlisted.
- Can Modify Account Settings - This will allow users to access and edit account settings along with any other settings found in the Admin section of the menu when you click the gear icon. This includes Account Settings, Logins, Roles, Vanco Integration, and Event log.
- Can Update People - If this permission is selected, all other permissions in this section will automatically be granted. Users will be able to see and edit a person's name, mailing and contact information (listed and unlisted), relationships, tags, sex, ethnic group, birthdate and age, timelines and dates related to membership events, death date, and grade. Can also add notes to a person's timeline.
- Can Update Self - If this permission is selected the person who has this role will be able to edit their own person and household information. They will not be able to edit any personal details of any of their household or family members.
The permissions under this module control access and use of the Events and Attendance sections of Church360°
- Can Manage Calendars - Users can add, edit, deactivate, and delete calendars. It's important to note that deleting a calendar will delete any events and attendance records related to it. Some calendars are defaults and cannot be deleted or deactivated. Users can also print or export the calendar list.
- Can See Events - If a person can see events, they can access the Event Calendar to see upcoming events (you can add additional permissions to each calendar on the Calendar view to limit visibility).
- Can Update Events - The ability to update events gives users the ability to add and edit events from the Events calendar.
- Can Delete Events - The ability to delete events from the Events calendar.
- Can Enter Attendance - Users can enter attendance and communion to events that have occurred.
- Can Review Attendance - Those who can review attendance will see attendance totals and be able to run attendance reports, but not enter any actual data.
The permissions under this module control access and use of the Offerings section of Church360° Members, as well as related items (Funds, Envelopes, Pledges)
- Can Enter Offerings - If one can only enter offerings, they will see all current envelope numbers followed by the giver's names, though the link between the two is hidden. This will allow donors to give anonymously through only their envelope numbers. In the event donors give a check, the user will enter it in under their name.
- Can Manage Envelopes - Users can add, edit, remove, and renumber envelopes. In order to fully manage envelopes, they will be able to see which giver or givers have each envelope.
- Can Manage Funds - Users can add, edit, merge, archive, and delete funds and fund categories. A fund with any offering records can only be archived. Users will be able to print or export the fund list and see each fund's year-to-date total.
- Can Manage Pledges - Users can add, edit, delete, export, and print active or all pledges. They will be able to see the pledger's given-to-date amounts.
- Can Review Offerings - Those who can review offerings will see fund totals and be able to run basic reports, but not enter any actual data. They will not be able to run contribution statements for anyone but themselves.
- Can See Givers Names - When coupled with the ability to see people's information, users will be able to download, print, and (if the email permission is enabled) email contribution statements. Here, users will also know people's envelope numbers.
These permissions allow users to take advantage of Church360°'s voice messaging, texting, and emailing services.
- Can Manage Texting - Users will be able to enable or disable the texting opt-in page for their site, to create and send out a personalized email to encourage people to sign up, and match phone number submissions to their respective person record. Users will only be able to see phone numbers if they are not marked as being unlisted.
- Can Send emails - Users will be able to select person records to send relay messages to through their chosen email client. If a user is not granted the ability to see unlisted information, they will not be able to send emails to any email addresses marked as unlisted.
- Can Send Texts - Users will be able to select person records to send text messages to any phone numbers opted-in for texting. Users will only be able to see phone numbers if they are not marked as being unlisted.
- Can Send Voice Messages - Users will be able to select person records to send voice messages to any phone numbers opted-in for voice blasts. Users will only be able to see phone numbers if they are not marked as being unlisted.