You can manage envelope numbers by adding or editing envelope-number assignments. This feature allows you to assign envelope numbers to new members or reassign individual envelope numbers.
You can also choose to change envelope numbers now, or to schedule changes to take effect later. In the Envelopes view, you can schedule and view envelope numbers for one date in the future.
- Click the gear icon and select “Envelopes.”
- Find the name of the person whose envelope number you wish to adjust.
- To assign a new envelope number, type in the new envelope number in the text box under “Next Envelope.”
- If you wish to add a spouse for the contributor, add the spouse’s name in the“Spouse” box. The “Contributes Jointly” box will be automatically selected when you do this.
- In the ribbon at the bottom of the screen, choose when you want your changes to take effect; choose “Apply Now” or “Apply Later.”
Note: If the new envelope number already exists for another person, you will be notified of this and asked to choose a different number.